A core part of our mission is ensuring our members have immediate access to the latest industry information. Whether it's an updated wage sheet or safety accountability letter, our resource library is always just a click or tap away.
What A Trade Association Can Do For You
It’s important to keep in mind MCA of Akron is a trade association, not a union. So, what’s the difference?
A trade association is an organization founded and funded by contractor businesses. We participate in public relations, advertising, education, and other services that promote our industry. Our focus is to create collaboration between contracting companies with similar goals.
Our specific mission is to promote understanding, high standards, and good relations on behalf of our contractors with the construction industry and the communities they operate in.
If you’re interested in joining our association or learning more about how we can help you, contact us today.
Specific Benefits Of MCA Membership
As the leading trade association in our industry, we offer innumerable benefits to our members. The following list covers a handful of them, but we’re more than happy to answer any questions you may have an additional advantages of association membership.
Meetings & Networking
- Regular Meetings: Active members have the right to hold officer positions, sit on a number of unique committees, and vote at all regular membership meetings. Please consult our our bylaws for additional information.
- Immediate Industry Information: One of our primary function is to ensure members are always up-to-date on industry-related topics. Our meetings keep members informed of current events that are or could affect mechanical contractors and suppliers. We also offer an online resource library to ensure members have immediate access to important documentation.
- Networking Events: A connected community is a stronger one, which is why we hold a number of networking events throughout the year. We extend invitations to building officials and local politicians to give our members to opportunity meet and greet the community officials affecting our local construction industry.
Safety & Education
- Safety: We not only provide members with information on OSHA changes, but offer federal and state labor law posters, the use of an extensive library stocked full with safety training materials, and discounted pricing on all safety equipment purchases.
- Education and Training: Our educational programs are geared for everyone – member contractors, business owners, and managers can take advantage of a wide variety of useful programs. Eliminate the fees associated with continuing education credits with our OCILB contractor licensing education and training, or take advantage of our OCILB-approved CPR and first aid courses, in addition to other safety-based training.
- Drug-Free Workplace Policy, Testing and Training: Ohio law states all employers that bid or work on state construction projects must have a drug-free workplace program in place. We offer our members both training and testing to ensure they meet this requirement.
- Technology: We make extensive use of iPad technology and are an industry leader in iPad training. We take pride in being a paperless association.
- Workplace Compensation Insurance: Our partnership with Compensation Consultants allows us to offer our members a discounted rate on workers compensation insurance. A working relationship with the Bureau of Workers Compensation helps us keep our members up-to-date on system changes.
Representation & Reputation
- Government and Industry Representation: We represent member interests at the national, state and local government levels, as well as all industry levels. This includes the local building officials and municipalities where our members work.
- Our Local Reputation: We have clout. Many governmental bodies and organizations recognize us as the policy leader for our industry.
We believe a connected association is a stronger one. To that end, we offer a robust schedule of educational and social networking events that allow our members opportunities to improve their skillsets while forging lasting bonds within our industry.